In this article we'll go over the Offer Enrollment Widget for BigCommerce stores, including installation details and troubleshooting.
- Your store must have Ordergroove's BigCommerce app 2.0 installed
- Your store must use BigCommerce Products v3
Note: If you've installed Ordergroove from the BigCommerce app store, you're using the Ordergroove BigCommerce App 2.0. If you're unsure, please reach out to support and we'll confirm what version you're using.
The offers widget for the BigCommerce Alpha is hosted by BigCommerce. All styling and formatting of the offer will need to be done within BigCommerce.
Note: Offer styling should be done by a developer, and is out of the scope of support. If you choose to download the theme file to your local machine, be careful with naming conventions. BigCommerce allows multiple themes to have the same name, which can cause confusion.
Do not change the Ships Every modifier name, or Ordergroove will not function correctly.
For Ordergroove's subscription offer widget to display on your product pages, you’ll need to add the ‘Ships Every’ product modifier to your products. This will need to be done on a product-by-product basis. To add the product modifier you will need to do either one of the following:
Update The Products Individually in BigCommerce
- Login to BigCommerce, and navigate to Products.
- Search for the product you want to offer on subscription and select it.
- Scroll down to Customizations and select Configure options.
- Click the Add modifier option at the top.
- Add the Ships Every modifier and configure the initial discount if any.
- Save the product.
Update All Products at Once in Ordergroove with the Product Configuration File
Alternatively, you can add the product modifier to subscription-eligible products by downloading your Product Configuration File in Ordergroove.
- Login to Ordergroove.
- Navigate to Data > Products > Advanced Settings.
- Download your Product Configuration File.
- Open the file on your computer, add TRUE to column E for all subscription-eligible products.
- Go back to Ordergroove > Data > Products > Advanced Settings and upload your updated file.
Once you update your products, either through BigCommerce or the Product Configuration File, you should now see a modifier on each subscription-eligible product in your BigCommerce catalog:
All products and variants with the Ships Every modifier will display the Ordergroove enrollment widget. You can't control variant-level eligibility with our current BigCommerce Alpha, as those modifiers are on the product level. If the parent product has the Ships Every modifier applied, it will apply to all variants.