Ordergroove receives product catalog data — product name, ID, price, image URL, etc. — from a product feed within our apps and cartridges. Our Product Configuration Tool takes this data and combines it with the Ordergroove-specific configurations for each product.
The Product Configuration File takes the form of a CSV that can be opened in any editor — such as VS Code or LibreOffice — to input your data will help avoid these formatting issues. However, please observe the following conditions regarding the formatting of product IDs.
Note: Microsoft Excel does not respect leading zeros. If you have product IDs with leading zeros — such as "0001" — Microsoft Excel will omit them (and display them as "1") and you will not be able to update your product configurations. To avoid this, convert the column to Text format before saving to ensure leading zeros aren’t dropped.
Files should be saved and encoded with UTF-8 without BOM.
Step 1: Download The Configuration File
After you submit your Product Feed to Ordergroove, you can use the ORdergroove Product Catalog to set and update the default subscription settings for your products.
To access this tool, use the navigation bar to visit Data > Products > Advanced Settings. You will be redirected to an interface where you can download your Ordergroove Product Catalog configurations.
Click the Download File button. If successful, you will be presented with a blue notification box.
- A link to the configuration file will be sent to your email. If you don’t receive an email with the download link within a few minutes, check your spam folder. The link in the email will direct you to a page with your CSV download.
- Click the Download File button to save the file to your computer. You must download the file within 24 hours of receiving the email, after which the link will expire, and you’ll need to request a new file.
Step 2: Update The Product Settings In The File
Open the newly downloaded file and adjust the values in the fields to align with the information regarding your products and how you wish to sell them via Ordergroove.
If you need any further information on the fields in this file and what the boolean true/false values refer to for each field, please refer to this documentation.
Product IDs must be formatted as numbers/text. Microsoft Excel will automatically reformat IDs formatted as text to scientific notation, which Ordergroove will not recognize.
Before you upload the file back into Ordergroove, you will need to reformat the Product ID column. You can do that by highlighting column A, right-clicking and choosing Format Cells, then choose Numbers with 0 decimal places.
If you have any further questions about this file or the definitions in it, please feel free to reach out to Ordergroove support.
Step 3: Upload The Updated Configuration File
- Once you have the necessary changes to your configuration file, return to the Product Configuration interface under Data >Products > Import.
- Drag and drop your file into the box or click the Click to upload text to select your finalized, configured CSV to upload. After choosing your file click Import. A notification will appear in the lower left-hand corner to acknowledge the successful file transfer, and you’ll receive an email with the results.
- In the email, any unsuccessful products will display a Product ID and the invalid configurations within the file, which cause them to fail. Repeat steps 1-3 of this guide to update any invalid product configurations.