This guide is for existing Ordergroove merchants who are migrating eCommerce platforms and/or payment gateways. It will also cover the steps needed to update customer, product, and payment information.
If you are a new Ordergroove merchant and are migrating from a different subscription platform, please review our Subscription Migration documentation here.
NOTE: Ordergroove will need to support you if you are transitioning between eCommerce platforms. While the steps below outline the basic requirements, we expect this to be a hands-on technical project, and thus you should notify your Ordergroove Customer Success Manager as soon as possible to assist in scoping and supporting the project.
Moving to a new eCommerce platform
If you're moving to a new eCommerce platform, you’ll need to reintegrate Ordergroove into that environment. Please see below the documentation relevant to your new eCommerce platform.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Shopify (also see Migrating to Shopify below)
- Custom Platform
If you’re moving to a new eCommerce platform, chances are your customer IDs will change. If that is the case, you will want to be sure that this information is being updated in Ordergroove.
- Ordergroove will require a file that maps existing customer IDs to new customer IDs from the new platform. This file should be a .csv with old and new values.
- Once provided with the necessary information, Ordergroove will run a script to update all customer IDs
When changing from one eCommerce platform to another, product IDs will often change. If that is the case, you will want to be sure that subscriptions are updated to include the new product IDs in Ordergroove.
- Ordergroove will require a file that maps existing product IDs with new product IDs from the new polatform. The file should be a .csv with old and new values.
- Once provided with the necessary information, Ordergroove will run a script to update all existing subscriptions with the new product IDs
Make sure you mark all relevant products eligible for a subscription. Read more about configuring your products here.
Migrating to Shopify
If you’re migrating to Shopify from another platform, there are additional considerations as Shopify requires subscription data to be created in their platform. Ordergroove can provide additional information on these considerations as you begin to scope your move to Shopify.
Changing your Payment Gateway as part of the Replatform
If you are changing your Payment Gateway as part of the replatform, Ordergroove will also need to update any payment tokens associated with each customer’s subscription(s). Below are the steps to ensure successful payment for recurring orders after the payment gateway is updated:
- The merchant will temporarily disable subscription creation on website
- Ordergroove will temporarily disable Order Placement
- The merchant will provide Ordergroove with a mapping file that contains the old and new token IDs.
- Ordergroove will run a script to update existing token IDs with new token IDs provided by the merchant.
- Ordergroove will confirm with the merchant and upon the merchant’s approval, Ordergroove and the merchant will simultaneously turn on Subscription Creation and Order Placement.
Once all customer data has been migrated to new values, send Ordergroove around 1 to 5 test customers that we can use to ensure that all data was migrated successfully.