This article goes through Ordergroove's Salesforce integration details. We'll go through general app information, the platform overview, and specific cartridge details.
Salesforce Platform Overview
- Hosted SaaS platform.
- Uses certified cartridges on the AppExchange.
- Certified means that Salesforce has reviewed the code directly.
- Can directly modify code via a cartridge, enabling high customization.
- Has sandbox, staging, and production environments out of the box.
- Comes in two flavors: SiteGenesis and StoreFront Reference Architecture (SFRA). Don't worry, Ordergroove will work with both.
Salesforce Cartridge Details
- Our cartridge can be installed by a merchant’s SI onto their store.
- Merchants can use their Ordergroove Admin from within the Business Manager.
- Our cartridge enables a merchant to host their own consumer experience or use Ordergroove hosted offers.
Our cartridge automates the entire integration process, but an SI is usually involved to help connect our cartridge with other cartridges the merchant is using.
- The cartridge automates the backend, which includes Product Feed, Purchase POST, Order Placement, and Customer Updates (including Payment Updates).
- The cartridge also automates the frontend, which includes tagging the PDP, QV, Mini Cart, Cart, and Confirmation page.
- IOI is implemented for both frontend and backend and is managed through Business Manager (special documentation available with the cartridge).
- Cartridges are bundles of code that are downloaded and installed onto a merchant’s instance of SFCC.
- Merchants can have multiple cartridges, each effectively layering on top of the other. A cartridge on top overwrites the files below it; this is where a Systems Integrator (SI) needs to come in and put the cartridges together by editing the code.
- Because a cartridge is installed code (not an app), it cannot be upgraded without manual dev work by the merchant’s SI.
- The cartridge automates the entirety of the integration and should work out of the box for most merchants. You will likely encounter issues when it is not “layered” correctly because cartridges on top of ours are overwriting our code.
- SFCC comes in two flavors: SiteGenesis and SFRA. These refer to the different frontend architectures that SFCC provides.
- SiteGenesis also breaks down into Pipelines and Controllers.
- Our cartridge is certified to work with all variations of SFCC, but because SiteGenesis is older technology, the automated tagging of that platform requires some additional work. This is all documented in the cartridge documentation for SIs when they are integrating.
- By default, the cartridge will now send us the specific token for the customer’s subscription. When the customer updates their credit card, the cartridge asks if they want to set that card as their default for all subs. Later, the customer can go to the Subscriber Dashboard to re-select a different card for each subscription.
Take a look at the cartridge and integration guide on the Salesforce AppExchange for more information.