Order Placement is the process where Ordergroove sends your customer's orders over to your e-commerce platform. This process occurs throughout the day and you have visibility into how this process is going at all times.
The Order Placement page is helpful when testing order placement during your initial integration, as well as investigating any production orders that aren’t successfully processing. Both request and response data are viewable for orders within the last 90 days.
You’ll find this utility within Ordergroove under Data > Order Logs.
The Today’s Orders section of the page details the current or latest status of orders being placed from Ordergroove to your e-commerce platform.
Each order to be placed falls under a specific status:
- Today's Total - The total number of orders that will be placed to your e-commerce platform (this number is equal to Successful + Failed + Remaining values).
- Successful - The total number of orders that your e-commerce system reported as being successfully processed
- Failed - The total number of orders that your e-commerce system rejected. Orders may be rejected for a variety of reasons including an invalid credit card information (type, number, expiration date, or billing address), declined payments, and issues with PayPal. To find out the exact reason, reach out to your e-commerce platform support.
- Remaining - The total number of orders that still need to be delivered to your e-commerce system. It is worth noting that orders that can be retried for any reason will be included in this count.
When orders are being placed, the status on the top right will state Currently placing orders with the time and date the orders started placing. When orders are not being placed, the status on the top right will state Not currently placing orders with the time and date the orders finished placing last.
How does this work?
At the start of the day, the Success and Failed values will both be 0 while the Total orders will be the same value as Remaining. As the day progresses, as orders get placed from Ordergroove to your e-commerce platform, the Remaining value will continuously decrease, while the Success and Failed (only if orders fall under this status) values increase.
How do I know if orders are currently being placed?
On the top right corner of the Overview section, there are two statuses that will be visible:
- When orders are actively being placed, you will see the Currently placing orders status along with the time it started.
- When orders are NOT actively being placed, you will see the Currently not placing orders status along with the last time orders were placed. If orders are not currently being placed, the process will resume as soon as possible.
How to use the Logs tool?
You can also filter the utility by email address, customer ID, public order ID, or response content — like a specific error code — to easily track down orders and view up to 10, 100, or 1000 records at a time. Filtering can be down through the search bar at the top of the logs table, or by hitting the filter icon next to a specific Order ID or User ID.
Each record has a status response to the left of the date, displayed with an image.
You'll see two logs per record, one outgoing and one incoming, like the example above. Keep in mind that they might not be directly next to each other. There are three status responses:
- → Outgoing Request sent to your payment processor
- ← Incoming Response sent to Ordergroove from the payment processor
- ⚠ Error Response sent to Ordergroove, the order was not placed
Displaying record details
Once you’ve found the order you’re looking for, click the order row to display additional details. To view the XML source, hit the code icon.
For security purposes, if Ordergroove is vaulting payment information and passing encrypted credit card numbers in the order XML, the credit card number will not be visible in the request.
You can also click the Download button to download the contents of the logs in your query results.