Ordergroove’s new App Embed allows you to set up Ordergroove on your theme without any injection into your theme’s code. The app embed is a streamlined instance of the ordergroove_static_asset.liquid file that is already on any theme with Ordergroove installed and injected.
How does this affect my current theme?
It doesn’t! If you already have Ordergroove installed on your theme, do not enable the app embed.
Enabling the app embed yourself on a theme that already has Ordergroove snippets on it could cause serious bugs if you have an older Ordergroove integration. Contact our support team for more information.
Why are you changing this?
Shopify will deprecate the existing API that we use to inject themes on December 31, 2023. At the end of the year, we will not be able to inject new themes using the old methodology of inserting our code directly into your theme. Instead, we will be leveraging app embed from Shopify.
There will be limited support for OS1.0 themes due to Shopify's limitations; however we hope to mitigate impact by providing a wizard with detailed instructions before the API is deprecated.
How do I set it up?
A streamlined onboarding flow with the new App Embed is coming, but in the meantime you can install it yourself on a fresh Online Store 2.0 theme with the following steps. Note that at this time, you don’t need to take any action; these steps are only if you want to get set up on the new integration early without our auto-injection.
Warning: Enabling the app embed yourself on a theme that already has Ordergroove snippets on it could cause serious bugs if you have an older Ordergroove integration. Only follow these steps on a fresh theme.
Step 1: Access Theme Files
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to Online Store and select Themes.
- Locate and choose the theme you want to customize.
- Click on the Actions dropdown and select Customize.
Step 2: Turn on App Embed
- On the left side of your screen, click the icon for App Embeds.
- Enable Ordergroove Offers Embed.
Step 3: Add Blocks
- Navigate to a product page in the customizer.
- Below the Product Information menu, click Add block.
- In the App Blocks section, select Ordergroove Offer.
- The Ordergroove offer block will be added; you can rearrange it on the page.
- Navigate to the customer account page (log in as a customer.)
- If your customer account page has a space for blocks where you want to add the block, follow the above steps but instead add block Ordergroove SMI. Contact our support team if you don’t see a place for blocks.
- Below the customer-account menu, click Add block.
- Under App Blocks, select Ordergroove SMI.
- A link to the Ordergroove subscription management app will be added; you can rearrange it on the page.