After an order is placed in Shopify, Ordergroove will automatically add a tag to that order. Which tag we add will depend on whether the order is initial or recurring.
Order tag definitions
Ordergroove automatically adds one of two different tags to an order in Shopify based on how the order was placed:
- Ordergroove Trigger Order: the initial order after the customer goes through checkout in your store and creates a subscription
- Ordergroove Subscription Order: a recurring order that was placed through Ordergroove
Add additional tags with Shopify Flow
If you want to add additional order tags, we recommend using the Shopify Flow app. Follow the instructions below as a guide.
Note: The workflow provided will check every order that is created, see if it has the text "Subscription · Shipping" for the shipping cost, and add a tag to the order. You can change the specific text of the tag by clicking on the Add order tags node and modifying the text.
- Install Shopify Flow from the Shopify App Store.
- Download the file attached to this article, Ordergroove Subscription Tag.flow. You can find attachments at the bottom of the article.
- In the top-right corner, click the Import workflow button.
- Select the file you downloaded, Ordergroove Subscription Tag.flow, and click the Upload button.
- Once that file has been imported, click on the workflow and edit it within the Shopify Flow app.
- Edit the workflow by clicking on the Edit Workflow button in the top left, including changing the text of the tag that's added.