Brands and retailers can track affiliate codes (and other similar data) on recurring orders by referencing the initial order that created the subscription.
Step 1: Subscribe to Ordergroove Webhooks
- Navigate to the Webhooks section of Ordergroove.
- Enable the toggle by clicking it to ON.
- In the URL field, enter the endpoint where you wish for all events to be sent.
- Click the Save button.
- Once saved, a verification key will populate in the Verification Key field.
- Click the Copy button to automatically copy the key to your clipboard.
Step 2: Listen for the item.successfully_placed event
- This event will fire for each item successfully placed with a recurring order.
- Retrieve the JSON subscription ID that created the item.
Step 3: Call Subscriptions-Retrieve REST API
- Using the subscription ID from the previous step as the URL parameter in the request
- Retrieve the merchant_order_id that created the subscription
Step 4: Retrieve relevant affiliate data
- Use the order ID from the previous step to retrieve the relevant affiliate data from your e-commerce platform.